NOW OPEN--Explore Kansas
Discover Kansas from below the ground to the clouds above
Experience a new exhibit name and elements for this area that focus on our state’s land, water, weather and the life it supports, both past and present.
Encounter bison and throw chips into a simulated fire. In the new storm chaser vehicle, discover how weather instruments work – measure speed, humidity, storm direction and more. In the new aquifer, determine your personal water use and learn ideas for steps to conserve this precious resource.
Special Opening Day Activities
Here's just a sampling of what you can do with some of our community partners:
- Build your own pair of wings with the Sierra Club of Kansas and learn about our honey-making bee friends with Brit Hopper.
- Strap on your own hard hat to explore a Permian salt playground with Strataca museum staff members.
- Try your hand at spinning wool from real hair with local artisan Alicia Thomas.
- Learn how local veterinarians work on big and small animals across the state and encounter sonograms with the Rose Hill Vet Clinic.
This Exhibit Was Made Possible by:
- The Fred and Mary Koch Foundation
- Estate of Olive Quiring Miller
- Black Hills Energy
- Kansas Buffalo Association
- ITC Holdings
- Sierra Club of Kansas