Members – see you soon!
We hope you are staying safe and well during this challenging time. We have been thinking about you all and miss you terribly!
First, we want to thank you for the response to the re-opening survey we sent out a couple of weeks ago. More than 700 people replied and we really appreciated the thoughtful and constructive tone in everyone’s feedback. It was of huge assistance in helping us develop a plan to get back up and running in the safest way possible.
And this brings us to our big announcement: Exploration Place will open exclusively to members on Wednesday, July 1! In fact, there will be members-only access for the first three days before we open to everyone on Saturday, July 4.
We are implementing a number of measures designed to make your visit safe and enjoyable. The measures are based on guidance from health officials, and feedback we received from more than 700 Exploration Place members through an online survey.
Here are a few things you need to know.
- Reservations and advance tickets are not required. However, we are limiting our building capacity to 25% (500 people) to ensure appropriate social distancing is possible at all times.
- Mask wearing is not required but is strongly encouraged, and masks will be available free of charge to all guests. Exploration Place staff and volunteers will be required to wear masks when in public areas.
- On arrival, we’ll ask everyone to do three things:
- Clean your shoes on a foot mat sanitizer on the floor.
- Use the sanitizer provided to clean your hands.
- Pass through a temperature check station to make sure no one enters the museum with a fever (100.4 degrees or greater). Children under 3 years old will not be checked.
- Survey responses made clear that keeping the museum sparkling clean and sanitized should be our number one priority. In fact, while we were closed, we deep-cleaned and disinfected the entire museum.
- All exhibits will be disinfected daily using an electrostatic system. Also, additional sanitizing stations will be available throughout the museum.
- We have added staff to clean high touch exhibits, toys, doors, benches, etc. throughout the day.
- Individual exhibit galleries will be deep cleaned in rotation throughout the day. These areas will need to be temporarily closed during these times.
Before you visit, we ask that you read the rest of our FAQs about what to expect when visiting.
Thank you again for your support -- we are greatly appreciative of you all.