Fun for the whole family
Choose from sessions for students grades K-12 at Exploration Place from 2 to 4 p.m.
NOTE: K-5 classes have sold out, see additional dates for sessions below.
Spring 2020 Animal Biology
Reptiles and Amphibians
January 14 (6-12)
Tuesday, Jan. 21 (K-5)
From skin to scales! Dissect a frog and examine the diversity of snakes.
Birds and Mammals
February 11 (6-12)
Tuesday, Feb. 18 (K-5) SOLD OUT
Find out how our feathered friends fly, make a skeleton model and take a look inside a heart.
March 10 (6-12)
Tuesday, March 31 (K-5) SOLD OUT
Delve into the diverse world of invertebrates while dissecting a squid, and examine the differences between spiders and insects.
Bacteria and Fungi
April 14 (6-12)
Tuesday, April 21 (K-5) SOLD OUT
Put organisms under the microscope to identify their structure and dissect fungi.
Individual Class Per Student
To be placed on a waiting list for the K-5 classes, please call 316-660-0620.
Class price includes general exhibit admission for student only.
Or call us at 316.660.0620.
Advanced registration and payment required by Monday prior to the day of class.
- Classes are held on the listed Tuesdays from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Separate classrooms will be used for Grades K - 5 and 6 - 12 (pending enrollment numbers.)
- Each classroom holds 25 students. Once maximum has been reached, students will be enrolled in the following Tuesday's class.
- Parent seating area available for all classes.
- Groups of 10 or more can schedule their own afternoon class.