FAQ Camp in a Box
Frequently Asked Questions
For camp details and to register see Camp in a Box.
What is Camp in a Box?
Camp in a Box combines the best of hands-on camp and digital fun for an amazing camp experience!
- Get a special box containing instructions/supplies for 25 hands-on activities (1 box per registration).
- Zoom into morning, lunchtime, and afternoon sessions along with new online friends and Exploration Place camp leaders.
- Make and create cool projects.
- Meet experts for each camp topic and ask them questions.
What is in the box?
- Instructions and supplies needed for about 25 activities each week.
- A special kit or artifact.
- Other items such as liquids, common desk and/or kitchen supplies will need to be provided by camper household.
How can I get my box?
- If you have signed up for one or multiple weeks, you will either pick up the camp box at Exploration Place each week of camp or the box will be shipped to you each week.
- Pick up at Exploration Place is at no charge and can be done Tuesday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday/Sunday: noon to 4 p.m.
- A fee of $20 (per box) will be charged for shipping. Please allow 7 days for shipping.
- If you have any questions about pick up or shipping, please call 316.660.0620.
What technology will I need?
- A smart phone, tablet, or computer equipped with camera, speaker/headphones and microphone.
- A stable internet connection.
- The video software Zoom, accessible via the internet or the app.
Other Registration and Cancellation Details
- Camp registration closes at noon on the Sunday before camp begins.
- A full refund will be given if cancelled 30 days prior to first day of camp.
- A $50 processing fee will be deducted for cancellations less than 30 days prior to first day of camp.
If you have any further questions about Camp in a Box, please call Exploration Place at 316.660.0620.