Free Admission for Kansas Families, May 26 - August 13
Interactive Theater ExperienceThe Greatest Showman Sing-Along
Embark on an unforgettable cinematic adventure with the timeless songs that have captured hearts across the globe. Feel the thrill as you sing every word, dance along with the film’s choreography and embrace the excitement of The Greatest Showman alongside fellow enthusiasts.
Sing along in an interactive, 4D theater experience that only Exploration Place can provide! Dynamic lights, laser graphics, smoke, real fire pyrotechnics and snow will bring the story alive all around you.
This really is the greatest show!
June 8, 15, 22, 29
at Exploration Place
All Ages Welcome!
$18 per person,
$15 for members
Host and Ring Master, Cydnee A. Reese
Cydnee A. Reese is a multi-genre writer and performer with a passion for the arts, community and charity. She is a singer-songwriter (Cydnée Alyxzan) who has written for and collaborated with artists from 6 different countries and was a semi-finalist in the International Songwriting Competition. She just released her second EP Adoration Collaboration on all platforms on 2 June.
As a poet (Wanderer), she has published a collection of poetry entitled Ebony Blankets: A Collection of Poems by the Artist Called Wanderer; was editor of Dancing in the Presence of Men: A Book of Love & Lovers by world-renowned poet Joyce Lee; wrote the children’s poetry book A Lot of Miles which was published in July of 2022 and has been used throughout USD 259 in K-2 classrooms and she has spoken and performed at various conferences and events including opening for well known authors and speakers. In performance poetry, she has won poetry slams across the United States including scoring multiple perfect rounds and “winning the room” at the Women of the World Poetry Slam. Cydnee A. Reese was a semi-finalist in the AITAF 2022 Bridge Award for her work as a playwright.
She is working with Black Ink Theatre Company and directing an original one act play that will run 30 June-2 July in Wichita, KS. In addition to her writing, she founded the nonprofit Wanderer Speaks United to both help artists and to utilize art to raise awareness of and funds for those in need.
Live Performance by McKayla Stacey!
From Andover to Hollywood, and everywhere in between, McKayla Stacey is a star. Many will recognize McKayla from her audition on American Idol season 21, which earned her a golden ticket, but this local music sensation has been belting it out on stage in Wichita for years.
Performing for the Music Theatre Wichita and Andover Central High School productions has left audiences impressed by her vocal chops and ability to tackle big performances.
As part of the interactive singalong event, McKayla will perform a song from the award winning film each week. After her performance, the audience will be immersed in the film’s iconic soundtrack as the lights go down, the film roll begins and the singalong commences.
- This event is appropriate for all age levels.
- Each person in attendance will need to have an event ticket, except for those under 2 years old sitting on a ticket holder’s lap.
- Doors open at 6:30 pm, show begins at 7 pm. The event will conclude around 9 pm.
- Your ticket includes early admission to explore the museum (including this summer’s featured exhibits, Circus! and Pixel Palace) before the show. Come as early as you would like and then meet us the Kemper Theater at 6:30 pm for the singalong.
- Concessions will be available for purchase and are allowed in the theater during the show.
- There are no refunds available for special events. The only valid tickets are those purchased through Exploration Place. Please be careful of online bots/scams offering to sell their tickets, usually in the comments of our social posts. These are not authentic offers and should be reported and ignored. If you have an actual emergency, please contact us to discuss if there are any options to move your ticket to another night, etc.
- Because The Greatest Showman Singalong is a special event with licensing fees, it is not included in the Sunflower Summer program benefits and will require a separate, paid ticket per person attending.