Expedition DinosaurWalk Among Jaw-Dropping, Life-Sized Animatronic Dinosaurs
Turn back the clock to the Cretaceous Period and walk among animatronic dinosaurs, including the T-rex, Torosaurus and Ankylosaurus. Sixty-six million years ago, some of the most iconic dinosaurs ruled the Earth: Triceratops, Edmontosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus and the curious oviraptorsaur Anzu. Giant Pterosaurs flew through the skies with 40-foot wing spans, and marine lizards such as the Plesiosaurs thrived in the oceans. These creatures survived and thrived right up until the catastrophic event that changed the course of life on Earth.
Coming Soon: January 20, 2023!
Explore the Event That Changed Earth Forever
On a day that changed the Earth forever, a six-mile wide asteroid traveling at about 50,000 miles per hour struck the planet with the energy of billions of atomic bombs. Mega tsunamis, wildfires, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occurred all over the Earth’s surface. Some theories suggest the event only took a few hours. Over 75 percent of all animal and plant species went extinct. Expedition Dinosaur will explore the event that changed the Earth’s landscape and the creatures who lived there forever.
Study the aftermath of the extinction event by exploring the recovery of Earth’s ecosystem. With a closer look at the surviving animals and plants, we can understand how mammals became the dominant species after the downfall of the dinosaur era. Study the aftermath of the extinction event by exploring the recovery of Earth’s ecosystem. With a closer look at the surviving animals and plants, we can understand how mammals became the dominant species after the downfall of the dinosaur era.
Expedition Dinosaur was created by Stage 9 Exhibits.
- Stand face-to-face with life-sized animatronic dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals.
- Have your picture taken in the jaws of a T-rex.
- Study fossils that are as much as 300 million years old.
- Hone your archeology skills by extracting dinosaur bones from a fossil dig pit.
- Experience an asteroid simulation that shows how quickly the Earth changed within a few hours.
- Plan your survival by learning what places on Earth the catastrophic event couldn’t reach.
- Explore the process of fossilization through petrified examples of wood and learn how dinosaur specimens are preserved.