Wichita Regional Science & Engineering Fair
Thank you to all of the students and judges who participated in the 2022 Wichita Regional Science & Engineering Fair!
Sign up for Exploration Place news and updates to receive information on the 2023 Science Fair as they become available.
Divisions and Guidelines
Division I • Grades 9 -12
Division II • Grades 6 – 8
Division III • Grades 4 – 5
Division IV • Grades K-3, pre-ISEF
All entries must follow the guidelines for the International Science & Engineering Fair (ISEF)View Guidelines
The Wichita Regional Science & Engineering Fair is open to all students in grades K-12* from the following counties:
* K-3 students are not eligible for State Science Fair qualifications
Schedule and Registration Fees
Entry fees are $10 per student Grades K-3 and $15 per student Grades 4-12.
Entry forms are due February 15, 2022. Entry fees are due upon registration.
The 2022 entry categories are:
- Animal Science
- Behavioral/Social Sciences
- BioMedical & Health Sciences
- BioMedical Engineering
- Cellular/Molecular Biology
- Computational Biology & BioInformatics
- Earth & Environmental Science
- Embedded Systems
- Energy: Sustainable Materials and Design
- Engineering Mechanics
- Environmental Engineering
- Materials Science & Mathematics
- Physics & Astronomy
- Plant Sciences
- Robots & Intelligent Machines
- Systems Software
- Transitional Medical Science
All projects are subject to review by a Scientific Review Committee. Revisions or rejection of a project may be required upon recommendation by the Scientific Review Committee.
Interested in being a judge in 2023?
We are looking for a few good judges for the Wichita Regional Science & Engineering Fair!
Come share your expertise with local youth showing off their inventions and experiments!
Judges are requested to be at the Fair from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Lunch is provided.