What's Happening - Calendar
Click here for a list of special events. Click the events below for details.
- 0808.September.SundayExploration PlaceExploration Place, 300 N McLean Blvd, Wichita, KS, United States
Accessibility for all2nd Sunday of the Month - 10 - 11:30 a.m.For children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and sensory processing sensitivitiesDuring this time, you and your child will experience the museum without the noise, crowds or the stimulation of a regular day.Our staff has worked with local partners to ready the museum. Based on their feedback, lights, exhibits and noise will be adjusted.A calming area is located in Discovery Room B, near Kansas in Miniature.Please be aware of the following areas in the museum. They may be of concern for your child.
- Inside Kansas Kids Connect: Every Drop Counts, Seed to Sun
- Explore Kansas
- Design Build Fly
- KEVA: Build Your Mind
- Grand Hall
- Traveling exhibit area
- 0909.September.MondayNo events
- 1010.September.TuesdayNo events
- 1111.September.WednesdayExploration PlaceExploration Place, 300 N McLean Blvd, Wichita, KS, United StatesAges 3 - 5, Advanced registration required.It’s science for preschoolers! Investigate, discover and question with your Kansas Kid while you encounter the wonder of our planet. Parents will receive a newsletter linked to the class’s monthly theme.September: Storm the CastleSept. 4: Castle ConstructionSept.11: A Day in the LifeSept.18: Medieval Food CourtSept. 25: Moats, Boats, and More!