What's Happening - Calendar
Click here for a list of special events. Click the events below for details.
Accessibility for all2nd Sunday of the Month - 10 - 11:30 a.m.For children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and sensory processing sensitivitiesDuring this time, you and your child will experience the museum without the noise, crowds or the stimulation of a regular day.Our staff has worked with local partners to ready the museum. Based on their feedback, lights, exhibits and noise will be adjusted.A calming area is located in Discovery Room B, near Kansas in Miniature.Please be aware of the following areas in the museum. They may be of concern for your child.
- Inside Kansas Kids Connect: Every Drop Counts, Seed to Sun
- Explore Kansas
- Design Build Fly
- KEVA: Build Your Mind
- Grand Hall
- Traveling exhibit area
- 1010.June.MondayPreschool Summer Camp (Age 4-entering kindergarten)Tuesday-Friday, 9 - 11 a.m.Mini Music MakersJune 11 - June 14Discover how instruments are made then build your own and join in the Exploration Place marching band for a performance throughout the museum. In Partnership with Music Theatre Wichita’s production of The Sound of MusicMember: $55Nonmember: $60Includes snackDiscovery Camp (Grades 1-5)Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.Sounds of ScienceJune 10 - 14Rock out to a custom sound creation and see sound come alive. End camp on a high note with a visit to Music Theatre of Wichita! In Partnership with Music Theatre Wichita’s production of The Sound of MusicMember: $135Nonmember: $150TinkerTech Summer Camp (Grades 6-8)Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.Cyber ComposerJune 10 - 14Amplify sound with simple and complex sound systems to see how sound works.Member: $115Nonmember: $125
- 1111.June.TuesdayNo events
- 1212.June.WednesdayNo events
- 1313.June.ThursdayNo events
Prepare for lift-offCAPCOM GO! The Apollo StoryDigital Dome Theater and Planetarium FREE members' nightFriday, June 14, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.The first human walked on the moon 50 years ago...discover the epic story behind this historic moment which will inspire the next generation of explorers, thinkers and dreamers. Plus, experince the new traveling exhibit The Science of Ripley's Believe It or Not!®Already a member? Join the exclusive Exploration Place Members Facebook group.Showtimes5:45 p.m.6:30 p.m.7:15 p.m.8:00 p.m.Not a member? Click here to join!
Travel to the moon and backOpens Saturday, June 153, 2, 1...blast off with the achievements of NASA's Apollo program. Discover the immense challenges that had to be overcome to put the first human on the moon. Strategize with rocket designers, build with engineers, suit up with Apollo's space explorers, and dream of the future.For showtimes, click here.