What's Happening - Calendar
Click here for a list of special events. Click the events below for details.
- 2525.September.SundayCompartiendo Culturas: Celebrando el Mes de la Herencia HispanicPresented in partnership with K-State Research & Extension, Sedgwick CountyImmerse yourself in Hispanic culture and heritage with crafts, games, food, music, dance and more.Radio sponsor: Radio Lobo Included in general museum admission, free for members.
- 2626.September.MondayExploration PlaceExploration Place, North Mc Lean Boulevard, Wichita, KS, United StatesExploration Place Hours*Monday: CLOSEDTuesday - Saturday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.Sunday: Noon - 5 p.m.*Closed on Mondays starting September 14. Open Mondays, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Oct. 24, Nov. 21, Dec. 19 & 26, Jan. 2 & 16 and Feb. 20.Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- 2727.September.TuesdayNo events
- 2828.September.WednesdayWednesdays starting September 710:30 - 11:30 a.m. • Located in Discovery Room BAges 3 - 5 • Advanced registration recommended.It’s science for preschoolers! Investigate, discover and question with your Kansas Kid while you encounter the wonder of our world. Read a story, take part in dramatic play and hands-on science experiments. Plus experience a special activity in the exhibits and more. Parents will receive a newsletter linked to the class’s monthly theme.September: Super Science Skills7 Pop, Fizz, Bang14 Creating Colors21 Flying Fun28 Up and DownKeeping Nutrition and Exercise FunGet the latest information and tips on how you can keep eating and exercising fun, as your abilities and needs change. Presented by Joy Sloan, Community Health Nurse and CertifiedDiabetes Educator with Central Plains Area Agency on Aging.Admission: $4 (plus tax)Located in the Kemper Creative Learning Studio
- 2929.September.ThursdayNo events
- 3030.September.FridayNo events
- 0101.October.SaturdayLearn healthy living tips and tricks in fun and interesting ways with this hands-on bilingual (Spanish/English) exhibit.Exhibit Highlights
Saturday, Oct. 1 - Monday, Jan. 2Unravel the mystery behind the complete set of instructions needed for every living thing on Earth. Discover what the genome is, its scale, structure and how it plays a role in modern life.Exhibit Highlights
- Move to the music and mimic your favorite animal.
- Visit a mini grocery store and buy ingredients for a balanced meal.
- Pedal a hand cycle and find out how long it takes to burn calories.
- Fuel and "race" a car using a variety of breakfast foods.
Saturday, Oct. 1 - Monday, Jan. 2Discover compelling stories of those who design and use technologies to help themselves and others achieve their goals – from everyday routines to lifelong dreams.Exhibit Highlights
- Encounter 3-D models of a human genome.
- Complete puzzles to test your DNA sequencing skills.
- View real-life stories of patients and clinicians solving medical mysteries.
- Examine the genomes of five different species and identify what they reveal.
- Ride a mono-ski in a simulated ski race.
- Scratch and fade music like a DJ with the wheels of a wheelchair.
- Design unique solutions to engineering challenges.
- Type messages, edit photos and watch videos using a hands-free Camera Mouse.