Regional Science & Engineering Fair
Check out the future scientists and engineers!
Take a look at student projects at the 9th annual Wichita Regional Science and Engineering Fair Friday, Feb. 16, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Registration is now closed!
The Wichita Regional Science and Engineering Fair features three divisions:
Division I (Grades 9 -12)
Division II (Grades 6 - 8)
Division III (Grades 4 - 5)
All entries must follow the guidelines for the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF).
The Wichita Regional Science and Engineering Fair is open to all students in grades 4-12.
2018 Entry Categories
- Animal Science
- Behavioral/Social Sciences
- BioMedical and Health Sciences
- BioMedical Engineering
- Cellular/Molecular Biology
- Computational Biology and BioInformatics
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Embedded Systems
- Energy: Chemical
- Energy: Physical
- Engineering Mechanics
- Environmental Engineering
- Materials Science
- Physics and Astronomy
- Plant Sciences
- Robots and intelligent Machines
- Systems Software
- Transitional Medical Science
Consumer Science has been removed as a category.
Descriptions of the above categories can be found here.
8:00 a.m. Check-in and project set up
9:00 a.m. Judging
11:30 p.m. Lunch breaks
12:30 p.m. Judging
2:00 p.m. Project Removal
2:30 p.m. Special Showing of Dream Big
3:15 p.m. Awards Ceremony
All forms must be included in project notebooks for all projects.
* Entry form only required for notebooks if not completed digitally, Click the "Enter Now" button at the bottom of the page to enter online.
Some projects may also require additional forms and are available here.
Qualified Scientist Form (Form 2)
- Risk Assessment Form (Form 3)
- Human Participants and Informed Consent Form (Form 4)
- Vertebrate Animal Form (5A and 5B)
- Potentially Hazardous Biological Agents Form (Form 6A)
- Human and Vertebrate Animal Tissue Form (Form 6B)
Additional helpful forms can be found here:
- Checklist for Adult Sponsor/Safety Assessment Form (Form 1)
- Student Checklist/Research Plan (Form 1A)
All projects are subject to review by a Scientific Review Committee. Revisions or rejection of project may be required upon recommendation by the Scientific Review Committee.
Affiliated with Kansas State Science and Engineering Fair.
More information about the Wichita Regional Science and Engineering Fair can be found here.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316.660.0620 with any questions.