TinkerTech Summer Camps - Entering Grades 5 - 9 - Monday - Friday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Design the future!
If your child is a gamer or interested in technology, these are the sessions for them! Classes will be held in the Butler Community College Technology Studio at Exploration Place. For more about our other camps, click here for ages 4 - entering Kindergarten and here for kids in grades 1 - 6.
June 5 - 9: Heroes Alive: Comic Strip Animation*
Design and animate digital heroes that fly over the Wichita cityscape.
June 12 - 16: Coding Craze
Go crazy and code apps, robots or your own invention.
June 19 - 23: Games Galore!
Design table top games using high tech tools and classic game mods.
June 26 - 30: City Circuits
Channel your inner architect as you design and build a working city.
July 10 - 14: Super Toys and Tech
Construct and test models of classic superhero toys and tech.
July 17 - 21: Design a Drone
Discover the world of drones through design, construction and flight.
July 24 - 28: Underwater Robotics
Design, build and direct an underwater ROV through an obstacle course.
July 31 - August 3: Dimensions: From 2-D to 3-D
From flat to fabulous, bring drawings to life using 3-D printing process.
*Instruction provided by
Prices (per camp)
Click here or call 316.660.0620 to register. Be sure to complete the online forms below – they are required for your child to attend camps.
Required Online Forms
After registration, please complete these forms before your child's first day of camp.
Jason's Deli Exploration Place Meal Plan Form
Lunch and Snack
- Bring your lunch.
- Order from Jason's Deli. Choose a delicious lunch, ordered through Exploration Place and delivered here. An order form will be enclosed in your camp confirmation packet. Price is $8/day or $40/week. Requires separate payment to Jason's Deli.
- All campers should bring a snack. Preschool Summer Edventures campers will receive snacks.
Other Registration and Cancellation Details
- We recommend that you register at least 10 days before a camp begins.
- A full refund will be given if cancelled 14 days prior to first day of camp.
- A $25 processing fee will be deducted for cancellations less than 14 days prior to first day of camp.
- Each camper will receive one Exploration Place T-shirt with camp registration.
Click here to view our summer camp tip sheet.