GSK Science in the Summer™
Free, fun, hands-on summer science
For Grades 2 - 6
In 2016, GSK Science in the Summer™ students at sites across the country will learn about electricity and magnetism. GSK Science in the Summer™ teaches elementary students the core principles of science and seeks to promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) learning through fun, engaging activities. The program also works to give your child a quality learning experience during the summer months.
- Learn what makes materials magnetic.
- Observe how permanent magnets work.
- Build their own circuits.
- Construct electric-powered devices.
- Create an electromagnet to understand more about how magnetism and electrical currents are interrelated, and how we make use of these phenomena in our daily lives.
GSK - one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies − is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. For further information, go to us.gsk.com, follow us on Twitter or visit our blog. For more information on GSK’s global STEM education program, visit gskscienceeducation.com.
AAAS is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science, technology and engineering for the benefit of all people. For further information, please visit aaas.org.