Fun for the whole family
Choose from sessions for students grades K-12 at Exploration Place from 2 to 4 p.m.
NOTE: K-5 classes have sold out, additional dates added.
Fall 2019 Environmental Science
Wind, Water, and Energy
Test wind and water power while building turbines and wheels.
Build a terrarium while digging into Earth’s biospheres. Test desert, arctic and other climates.
Tuesday, Oct. 15
Take a trip through the Earth’s layers and classify rock types.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Tuesday, Nov. 19
Is it renewable? Discuss human impact on the Earth and design a solution to sustain the planet.
Spring 2020 Animal Biology
Reptiles and Amphibians
Tuesday, Jan. 21
From skin to scales! Dissect a frog and examine the diversity of snakes.
Birds and Mammals
Tuesday, Feb. 18
Find out how our feathered friends fly, make a skeleton model and take a look inside a heart.
Tuesday, March 31
Delve into the diverse world of invertebrates while dissecting a squid, and examine the differences between spiders and insects.
Bacteria and Fungi
Tuesday, April 21
Put organisms under the microscope to identify their structure and dissect fungi.
Individual Class Per Student
Register for all 8 classes and save 10%*
*Must register for all 8 classes at one time to receive discount. Call 316-660-0620.
Class price includes general exhibit admission for student only.
Or call us at 316.660.0620.
Advanced registration and payment required by Monday prior to the day of class.
- Classes are held on the listed Tuesdays from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Separate classrooms will be used for Grades K - 5 and 6 - 12 (pending enrollment numbers.)
- Each classroom holds 25 students. Once maximum has been reached, students will be enrolled in the following Tuesday's class.
- Parent seating area available for all classes.
- Groups of 10 or more can schedule their own afternoon class.