Fun for the whole family
Choose from sessions for students grades K-12 at Exploration Place from 2 to 4 p.m.
Fall 2019 Environmental Science
Wind, Water, and Energy
Test wind and water power while building turbines and wheels.
Build a terrarium while digging into Earth’s biospheres. Test desert, arctic and other climates.
Take a trip through the Earth’s layers and classify rock types.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Is it renewable? Discuss human impact on the Earth and design a solution to sustain the planet.
Spring 2020 Animal Biology
Reptiles and Amphibians
From skin to scales! Dissect a frog and examine the diversity of snakes.
Birds and Mammals
Find out how our feathered friends fly, make a skeleton model and take a look inside a heart.
Delve into the diverse world of invertebrates while dissecting a squid, and examine the differences between spiders and insects.
Bacteria and Fungi
Put organisms under the microscope to identify their structure and dissect fungi.
Individual Class Per Student
Register for all 8 classes and save 10%*
*Must register for all 8 classes at one time to receive discount. Call 316-660-0620.
Class price includes general exhibit admission for student only.
Or call us at 316.660.0620.
Advanced registration and payment required by Monday prior to the day of class.
- Classes are held on the second Tuesday of the month from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Separate classrooms will be used for Grades K - 5 and 6 - 12 (pending enrollment numbers.)
- Each classroom holds 25 students. Once maximum has been reached, students will be enrolled in the following Tuesday's class.
- Parent seating area available for all classes.
- Groups of 10 or more can schedule their own afternoon class.